A week ago I designed a chocolate cake and rejected the chance to slather it in buttercream frosting, rather filling it with strawberry jam and finishing it with only a dusting of powdered sugar.
This week It should be cake?
This tea cake- within the Irish tea cake tradition- is dense and flavorful, although not too sweet or cloying. Initially, it had been designed to you need to be vanilla flavored, however i appreciated which i had some loose leaf tea leaves lounging around that will give a great punch towards the batter. It’s Similar testes like lavender milk tea. I just loved it.
I purchased Lavender Earl Gray loose leaf tea from Adagio teas some time back and also have vowed to utilise my tea stash before purchasing any new brews.
- 1/2 cup milk (almond, soy, or coconut works fine, too)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (vegan butter is effective)
- 2 eggs (or comparable egg substitute of preference)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup tea leaves
- 1 cup white-colored sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 2 tsp baking powder
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350* and prep a 9? round cake pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a tiny pot over low heat, warm your milk combined with your tea leaves. Watch carefully to make certain the milk doesn’t scald, and take away after 2-3 minutes of sunshine being applied. Chill well.
- Inside a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add some two eggs and vanilla flavoring.
- Inside a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir together after which gradually increase the butter mixture.
- When the flour is combined, strain inside your chilled milk and blend completely. You will observe items of tea leaves within the milk, but because lengthy as they’re small it will not hamper the feel from the cake.
- Pour right into a prepped 9? baking pan, and put in the heart of your oven for 30-35 minutes, or until cake is cooked completely along with a toothpick placed into the middle of the wedding cake arrives clean.
- Awesome completely then come out onto an amount dish. Gently dust with powdered sugar, or top with whipped cream as you desire!
We’re able to barely watch for ours to awesome before slicing. It’s Exactly that good!